Roasted Garlic Potato Soup – Creamy, decadent and satisfying yet healthy and easy to prepare with a one-pot option!
Roasted Garlic Potato Soup
Roasted garlic brings a delicate nutty flavor to this soup. Gently wrapping its aroma around the potatoes and vegetables, it delivers a delightful fusion of flavor. Combined with the velvety texture the resulting soup gratifies!
How to Roast Garlic
In under two minutes you can have garlic in your oven roasting away to its golden goodness! It’s this easy:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. I use my toaster oven for roasting garlic, but a regular oven can be used too.
- Slice off top of garlic bulb to remove the tips of all garlic cloves (approx. 1/5 of bulb).
- Slowly drizzle olive oil onto remaining 4/5 of garlic bulb so that olive oil sinks into the cloves (see picture in post). More olive oil can be used if garlic still appears dry.
- Tightly wrap olive oil-soaked garlic bulb in aluminum foil to prevent drying out when roasting.
- Place on baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and open. Allow to cool enough to handle with bare hands.
This soup serves well in either a cup or a bowl. Toppings such as roasted chickpeas, gluten-free croutons, chopped chives or parsley all make lovely additions. And it’s hearty enough to stand alone, but could also be paired with your favorite salad or sandwich.
Looking for More Soup Ideas